Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Sewing Project

Finally, I made time to do a little sewing this morning...the first time I have worked on a sewing project (except mending and backing a few ornaments) since Christmas...and it felt wonderful! I decided to work on a new table runner with fabrics to brighten up my winter blues....I am SO READY for spring to arrive, and this cheery fabric by Mary Engelbreit (Attitude Girls) for Moda seemed perfect...it also matches my black and white kitchen quite well. I love how this table runner used prairie points and buttons to give it dimension. The design is from "Fast & Furious Quilting As You Go" by G. E. Designs. The instructions to "quilt as you go" are quite easy, however, I think I like traditional quilting better...simply because I like sharp crisp seams (I am a presser) and with this quilting method, you have a lot of bulk and pins to deal with. The whole project only took me a couple hours and was quite quick...then I was able to hand stitch the binding and add the buttons during the USA/Canada Gold Medal Hockey Game. I should also add, I adapted the pattern to make the runner two charm square sections (9.5") larger, as I want to use it with a longer table. It felt fantastic to work on a project that was not "business related"...and sparked my creativity for some future sewing adventures....

4 comments:

  1. That is great. I love the bright colors and it is so cute! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. Love the bright prints.

    Glad you got to do something fun. It really helps keep things in perspective and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo, I love it, very refreshing colors, so neat, great job!

    ReplyDelete