Monday, February 15, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Last month, I promised to share some Valentine projects with you, but with the craziness of these last several weeks, I didn't get to the projects I had planned...plus, I didn't have time to get them posted. Although I am a day late, I thought I would share a couple photos with you...

The first photo is of the cutest little Valentine quilting piece - a Valentine candle mat with heart-shaped yo-yos around the edge. Last year for my birthday, my dear friend Mary gave me a magazine with the pattern, the medium heart yo-yo maker, and the fabric ("Candy Kisses" by Sandy Gervais for Moda) to make this sweet little mat. This was such a fun project to construct...a basic 16 patch with yo-yos...easy to make with a charm pack! It is approximately 13.5" x 13.5"...perfect on my coffee table. I just love Valentine fabrics - the colors always make me happy...

I am also excited to share - I very recently (this past weekend) purchased a new top-of-the-line serger, so I will have even more fun projects to pass along to you as I educate myself on all the "bells and whistles"...I have been wanting to upgrade my serger for quite some time...I can't wait to use it to its full capabilities! I have been going through sewing withdrawal this last month, so it is going to be so delightful to find an afternoon to work on a new project...I'm sure it will lift my spirits immediately!

The second photo is of the lovely birthday/Valentine's Day flowers I received from my husband...they look so gorgeous in person - I just couldn't get a picture that does them justice. They brighten my days, so I thought I would brighten my blog with them!

...and finally, for those of you wanting an update on my three new designs...
I got the final printing proofs today and they were on target, so my printer will be working hard to get them ready this week...I am hoping to get them bagged, packaged, and shipped to auto shops by the end of the week...then to distributors next week. Hopefully they will be at your favorite needlework shops before the end of the month. I will keep you updated...or you can always check my website for the latest news!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice Valentine from hubby, and I your candle mat turned out beautiful also.

    ReplyDelete