Saturday, September 19, 2009

Picking Perfect Fabric

Today, while Simba was being groomed, I made my monthly trip to Quilter's Cupboard in Ankeny...I was on a quest for some perfect fall fabrics. Last week, I machine embroidered some wonderful autumn designs with the plans to make several seasonal pillows and I wanted to find some great accent fabrics. Like many other quilters, I have a large fabric stash and multiple fabrics that would work...but I just couldn't resist a trip to the quilt shop to see "what's new"! There were so many great fabrics, I had a hard time narrowing down my selection...4 yards and 7 fat quarters later (obviously, not all autumn themed), I was ready to head home with my adorable, freshly groomed dog and enough fabric to make a heaping pile of pillows. Now I just have to find the time to put the pillows together....maybe tomorrow...Sunday seems like a good sewing day...hopefully I will have some finished projects to share with you soon...

Wishing you a fabulous weekend, filled with your own special projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment