Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Crunch Time

It is that time again...crunch time...the time when I am pushing hard to get the new designs completed and to the printer....last minute finishing touches, print layouts, proofing, finishing instructions, and color conversions. This is the time when I eat, sleep, and breathe Blue Ribbon Designs. When I get in this mode, I always have to remind myself to take a break. Last night, after finishing the "Afraid of The Dark" needlework smalls (which turned out even better than I could have imagined)...instead of going to bed (which would have been the smart decision), I rewarded myself with a little sewing machine time! Right now hand stitching "for myself" is out of the question...but who says I can't let my embroidery machine do some for me! I found these wonderful vintage kitchen designs on the SwakEmbroidery.com website - it is the Vintage Kitchen Set, digitized by Splinters and Threads. I machine embroidered the 5" x 7" designs on 100% cotton white flour sack towels. This project was just what I needed to maintain my sanity and spruce up my kitchen...I now feel rejuvenated and ready to continue preparing the new designs for release...a little sewing time was just what the doctor ordered. Remember to find time to do the things you enjoy...it is the best medicine!

2 comments:

  1. Cute towels! I love flour sack towels. Mine are getting pretty ratty looking. I need to replace them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute towels. I love the designs. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete